Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes
These Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes are quick & easy to make. They are the perfect pancakes for you if you can't decide between chocolaty and fruity pancakes! The combo is amazing!
Servings 2 stacks à 4 pancakes
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or fresh
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- baking spray or oil for the pan
In a bowl, mash the peeled banana, add the plant-based milk and maple syrup. Give it a quick whisk.
Then add the flour and baking powder. Whisk until incorporated. Fold in the frozen raspberries and chocolate chunks.
Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium heat. Add a small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 8 pancakes out of the batter.
Stack the pancakes, drizzle with maple syrup and add raspberries and chocolate chunks.
*If the batter spreads too much in the pan, whisk a bit more flour into the batter. If it doesn't spread enough, add a bit more plant-based milk.
Tips for making the perfect vegan pancakes:
- Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the center.
- If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!
- Not fluffy enough? Add more baking powder.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.
Serving: 4pancakes | Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 792mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 5mg