Vegan Taco Salad Bowl with Walnut Meat
This Vegan Taco Salad Bowl with Walnut Meat is the perfect alternative if you're craving tacos but you don't have taco shells at home! The leafy greens, purple cabbage, corn, and tomatoes are the color- and flavorful base, the Walnut Meat Crumble adds a lovely crunch, and everything is topped with vegan mayo and cilantro! It's such a quick and easy lunch to throw together.
Servings 2 people
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts (raw, no shell, unsalted)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups mixed salad (I used a mix of Lollo Bionda, Lollo Rosso, arugula and spinach)
- 1 cup purple cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 cup canned corn (rinsed and drained)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo (I've mixed it with a splash of water to make it easier to drizzle)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
In a food processor, chop the peeled red onion and garlic clove. In a pan, add the olive oil and bring to medium to high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and let it cook until softened and translucent.
Now chop the walnuts in the food processor until coarsely ground. Add them to the onion and garlic in the pan. Mix in the soy sauce, paprika powder, salt, and thyme. Combine everything and let it cook for 5-7 minutes until nice and toasty. Stir it every now and then to prevent it from burning. Add more salt or soy sauce to taste.
Taco Salad Bowl
For the salad bowl, start with the leafy greens at the bottom, then the purple cabbage, Walnut Meat, add the cherry tomatoes, and corn. Drizzle the vegan mayo on top and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 563kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 525mg | Potassium: 679mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1720IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 3.1mg