Quick & Easy Tofu Scramble
Tofu Scramble is THE perfect vegan alternative for scrambled eggs. A special ingredient will make it taste and smell super eggy!
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 oz firm tofu
- 3/4 teaspoon kala namak (Black Salt) + more to taste
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Heat the canola oil in large pan and scramble the tofu with your hands or use a fork to do so before adding it to the pan.
Add the curry powder, turmeric powder, and kala namak. Mix well, so the tofu gets an even yellow color.
Keep it on high heat while stirring for about 5-10 minutes (I like to cook it until there are slightly crispy bits, cook it shorter for a softer tofu scramble). You can add more kala namak or spices to taste. Enjoy!
- Can you reheat Tofu Scramble? Absolutely! Just put it back in the pan and heat until warm. If you want to add moisture, you can add a splash of non-dairy (and unsweetened!) milk.
- What to do with leftover Tofu Scramble? You can reheat tofu scramble OR you can use it in a vegan "egg" and veggie stir-fry (fried rice), on breakfast pizza and it's amazing as a wrap filling!
- I don't have Kala Namak. Do I really need it? I'm a HUGE fan of Kala Namak. You can totally make Tofu Scramble without Kala Namak, but it really doesn't taste the same! You will be missing out on the typical eggy taste and smell. Kala Namak is not only amazing for tofu scramble, but also for vegan omelets made with chickpea flour. In my opinion, it's worth buying it!
- I want to make soft scrambled 'eggs'. Any advice? I prefer having crispy bits in the Tofu Scramble, but my friend is a sucker for soft 'tofu scramble'. You can achieve this by adding unsweetened plant-based milk or cream such as oat cream while cooking it. Or you can whisk together oil, flour, and nutritional yeast over low heat and make a cheesy roux. Add that to the tofu scramble to make it soft and delicious.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 960mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 2.4mg