Recipe for super quick and easy vegan Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels. Made with vegan puff pastry. They are the perfect snack for parties.
I love working with puff pastry dough when it comes to easy and quick snacks! These Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels are the perfect party food. I’ve actually made these for a Halloween party and they were gone so quick. No one noticed these were vegan. Who could they? They are super creamy and yummy. The perfect fall snack :)
Watch how to make Vegan Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels – Recipe Video (2 min)
These Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels are super easy and quick to make:
Roll out the puff pastry dough, add the salted pumpkin purée and basil leaves.
Roll it in. Close the edge by pressing it down carefully.
Cut the roll in about 30 slices. It helps if you wet the knife, you’ll be able to cut through easier! But don’t worry about the form at all, they will pop back into shape once baked.
Place the pinwheels on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. They should get a lovely golden color!
Just make sure you’re not using too much pumpkin puree or it will be really hard to roll in and the puree will leak out on the sides. If you’re looking for another pinwheel-inspiration, have a look at my Vegan Wild Garlic Pesto Snails – they are similar and very garlic-y.
Vegan Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels
- 1 package vegan puff pastry dough*
- 1/3 cup cooked pumpkin or pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough.
- If you're using a cooked pumpkin add it into a blender along with the salt and mix until it's smooth. // If you're using pumpkin puree, add the salt and give it a good mix.
- Spread the salted pumpkin puree on the puff pastry dough, leave out the bottom border.
- Sprinkle the basil leaves on top
- Roll the puff pastry dough in (as tight as possible) and close the edge.
- Cut the puff pastry dough roll in about 25 pieces.
- Place the Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool off a bit and enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Should you decide to give these vegan Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3