This Raw Cocoa Coconut Avocado Tartelette will blow your mind! The filling is super creamy because of the avocado.
I finally ordered & received a suitable sugar alternative for me: rice syrup. It’s fructose-free (and gluten-free) and its ingredients are only rice and water. Rice syrup is a little less sweet than normal white sugar or liquid sweeteners, so if you want to sub rice syrup with agave syrup or maple syrup it’s best to use about 10% less of the amount given. So, of course, I had to immediately create a dessert to try it out. It’s a raw cocoa coconut avocado tartelette. So good!
For the crust I used cashews & almonds and desiccated coconut as a base and added some chia seeds. The filling consists mainly of avocado and cacao.
Raw Cocoa Coconut Avocado Tartelette
Ingredients for the crust
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- a few drops homemade vanilla vodka
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients for the crust in a kitchen processor and blend until it the mixture starts to form little clumps.
- Put the crust mixture in the tartelette forms and press it on the bottom and on the sides. It's easier when you use a spoon to press it down.
- Clean the kitchen processor.
- Cut and peel the avocado. Put all the ingredients for the filling in the kitchen processor and blend again until it's a smooth cream.
- Add the filling on the crust and flatten the surface with a knife or spatula.
- Top it with some shredded coconut flakes and put it in the fridge for about 3-4 hours. The coconut oil will make the filling a little bit harder. Enjoy!
Did you make this Raw Cocoa Coconut Avocado Tartelette? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!