A comforting warm Chocolate Pudding with Whipped Coconut Cream and homemade Sugar Roasted Almonds – veganized!
Chocolate Pudding is definitely a comfort food from my childhood. Since I’ve been cooking vegan, I started making chocolate pudding from scratch (without instant pudding mixes) and I enjoy it much more now because in my opinion, it tastes even better. I topped this one with whipped cream & chopped Sugar Roasted Almonds.
You can eat the vegan chocolate pudding warm or if you prefer it cold, place it in the fridge for about an hour. This Chocolate Pudding with Sugar Roasted Almonds is creamy, soft & decadent while being crunchy!
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- First make your Sugar Roasted Almonds (You'll only need a few).
- In a small pot heat 1 1/2 cups of almond milk.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl sift the cornstarch and cocoa powder, add in the rest of the almond milk (1/2 cup) and the maple syrup. Whisk until super smooth.
- When the almond milk is boiling, take the pot off the stove and slowly add in the cocoa-starch-mixture while whisking it in.
- Put the pudding back on the stove and let it boil once. Keep Whisking.
- Pour the pudding into your bowls.
- With an hand mixer, mix the cold coconut cream until it's a nice, firm whip cream. Fold it in the pudding.
- Chop the Sugar Roasted Almonds and place them on top.
- Enjoy warm (yumm!) or cold (yummy as well :)).
Did you make this vegan Chocolate Pudding with Sugar Roasted Almonds? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!