Feeling sick or cold? Try this warming vegan Chinese Cabbage Udon Soup with Mock Abalone.
I wanted to make a simple chinese cabbage udon soup because my boyfriend was feeling sick. But in the process of cooking I decided to add some udon noodles, also I’ve found some super delicious mock abalone in the pantry. So they came in there as well. You will probably find the mock abalone and udon noodles in an asian supermarket. They are super cheap and tasty.
Chinese Cabbage Udon Soup with Mock Abalone
- 10 leaves chinese cabbage
- 2 packages udon noodles you can find those in your local Asian market
- 1/2 can mock abalone
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon soy-sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- sesame oil
- Chop the chinese cabbage in thin stripes.
- Heat a teaspoon of canola oil in a large pot and add the chopped chinese cabbage when it's hot.
- Add a splash of soy sauce and salt.
- When the cabbage has lost most of its water, add about the water.
- You can taste it and add more salt or soy-sauce if it's not salty enough.
- Add the udon noodles to the soup.
- Meanwhile sauté the mock abalone in a separate pan.
- The soup is ready to serve when the udon noodles are soft and do not stick together anymore.
- Add the mock abalone on top.
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this Chinese Cabbage Udon Soup with Mock Abalone? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!