This super silky vegan Raspberry Coconut Panna Cotta is perfect for Valentine’s Day! You can prepare it the day ahead, that way you’ll have hardly any work on the big day. I’ve topped the dairy-free Panna Cotta with a warm raspberry sauce which is so simple to make but such an awesome addition, you really shouldn’t miss out on that one. All together, the dessert is not much work really.
To remove the harder bits of the raspberries I’ve poured the panna cotta mixture through a nutmilk bag. Panna cotta that just melts in your mouth…anyone? :) The Panna Cotta is not only dairy-free, but also gluten-free and only needs 4 ingredients (including the raspberry sauce!).
- 1 cup defrosted raspberries
- 1½ teaspoons xylitol*
- Add ½ cup of defrosted raspberries together with the coconut milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Place a nutmilk bag over a pot and pour in the raspberry-coconut mixture, squeeze to remove the harder bits of the raspberries.
- Whisk in the agar powder and sugar and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, then fill the mixture into small glass or porcelain containers**.
- Let them sit in the fridge overnight.
- For the raspberry sauce simply simmer the defrosted raspberries together with the sugar in a small pot and mash the raspberries a bit.
- To serve, go around the edges of the panna cotta with a knife until you can take it out of the form. Top with the warm raspberry sauce.
**I've used these glass cups.
Should you decide to give this Vegan Raspberry Coconut Panna Cotta a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3