These vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes are the perfect festive treat for the holidays. I’ve added cinnamon & ginger powder into the muffin base and into the cream, plus they are topped with gingerbread crumbles. For the gingerbread sprinkles, you can either use store-bought vegan gingerbread or you can make your own gingerbread cookies first.
These cupcakes are the perfect gift for friends, family or colleagues. Super christmas-y and so easy to make!
- 1¼ cup / 150g all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup / 80g granulated white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon / 5g baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon / 2g baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon / 15g coconut oil, melted
- ⅔ cup / 160g almond milk
- ½ teaspoon / 3g coconut vinegar
- ½ teaspoon / 1g vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 360°F/180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the muffins, whisk, then add all the wet ingredients and whisk again until it's a smooth batter.
- Fill the batter in muffin wrappers or use a lightly oiled muffin pan and put them in the oven for about 20 minutes. (Use the Toothpick Method to make sure the dough is done in the middle.)
- Let them cool off completely.
- Whip the coconut cream and add in the rice syrup, cinnamon and ginger powder. Put the cream in a piping bag and pipe them onto the muffins. Crumble up a gingerbread cookie and sprinkle it over the cream. Serve immediately or store the cupcakes in the fridge.
Should you decide to give these festive vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes recipe a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3