- 1 package vegan pastry dough*
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vegan sugar (I used Dextrose**)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (for the dusting)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Take the vegan pastry dough out of the fridge to thaw.
- Slice the apple with a mandoline slicer or cut by hand in very thin slices.
- When the pastry dough is thawed, roll it out and cut it in 6 strips with a pizza slicer.
- Sprinkle the vegan sugar and cinnamon evenly on the pastry dough.
- Place the apple slices on the pastry dough strips and roll it in like in the pictures above.
- Fold in the bottom and make it smooth.
- Place them in a muffin tin and put it in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Once they are done, take them out of the muffin tin, because when they're cooled off it's harder to get them out.
- Dust the Apple Roses with powdered sugar before serving.
**I've used Dextrose in this recipe which is a fructose-free sugar, but you can sub it with your preferred granulated sweetener.
Should you decide to give these apple roses with puff pastry a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3