This 5-ingredient Spicy Corn Soup is the perfect fall soup. It is really easy to make, you’ll only need a pot and a blender (or an immersion blender) and you can completely customize the spiciness, because we’re adding the hot sauce at the end. Plus, I love the sriracha lines on top, doesn’t it look pretty?
Those of you, who are subscribed to my weekly newsletter, probably know that already, but my boyfriend and I moved to a new apartment – it’s still the same city, but way better location and we absolutely fell in love with the place when we first saw it! Moving was stressful and it completely opened my eyes how much stuff we possessed – especially packing all the kitchen tools in boxes and carrying it in the third floor (no elevator), ugh. But now we are all settled in and this spicy Corn Soup was actually the first meal I cooked in the new kitchen. Yeay! Something easy and simple to start with. And it’s perfect for the weather.
Actually as I’m typing this recipe, rain is falling on the roof window above me. I love the sound of rain clashing on the glass. So relaxing! And it always makes me crave soups, so you can expect more of these recipes soon.
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 12.3-oz (330g) can corn (about 2 cups)
- salt to taste (I used ¼ teaspoon)
- Sriracha to preferred spiciness
- Bring the water in a medium pot to a boil, add the vegetable stock powder and the canned corn. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Let it cool off a bit, then transfer the corn and water into your blender (or alternatively use an immersion blender). Careful when working with hot liquids! Remove the small part in the lid and cover it with a kitchen towel. Blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the pot, add salt to taste and re-heat. If it's too thick, you can thin the soup out with more water.
- Fill the corn soup into the bowl and top with sriracha (or your preferred hot sauce) to your own spiciness level and enjoy!
If you give this Spicy Corn Soup a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3