It’s exactly how my mother made it and now I’m carrying on this tradition. Its deliciousness comes from its simplicity. Some people may add raisins, additional sugar, almond slices… but I think this just distracts from the delicious taste of the apples.
- 1 package vegan puff pastry dough*
- 2 apples
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- (powdered sugar for the topping)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Take the vegan pastry dough out of the fridge to thaw.
- Peel two apples, get rid of the seeds preferably with an apple corer.
- Slice the apples with a mandoline slicer or cut by hand in very thin slices.
- Add the cinnamon on the apple slices and mix well by hand. Don't worry about the apple slices breaking.
- Put the apple-cinnamon-mixture on the pastry dough and fold it in. Close the edges.
- Put the apple strudel in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool off or eat it warm. Either way -> delicious.
- You can dust it with confectioner's sugar.
Should you decide to give this yummy 3-ingredient Apple Strudel a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3